Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekly Blog Week 1


Your first weekly blogging assignment is about the types of angles we have been studying. You need to make your initial post by Friday at midnight, and make sure you post your two comments by Sunday at midnight. Here is your first topic:


--We have been studying different types of angles (vertical, alternate interior, alternate exterior, co-interior, corresponding, etc). I would like you to find an example of one type of angle in your daily life. Take a picture of your angle and email it to me so I can post it to our blog.

--In your blog post, comment on your photo and why your real-life situation used the type of angle it did. Was it for function? Was it simply for looks?

--When you comment on your classmates’ posts, think about things like: are there other angles represented in the picture? Do you agree or disagree with their assessment of the use of angles?

Erin's Photo

2 comments:

  1. I chose this picture because when I was working on my t-shirt quilt, I noticed that there were a lot of different types of angles involved.

    The angle type I am focusing on is vertical angles. With all of the parallel and perpendicular lines, the vertical angles are important because they are right angles since that is the design I chose for the quilt.

    The vertical angles are important because I liked the even look with the right angles, but I also liked the ease of piecing the quilt together with the square corners (vertical angles) of 90 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your picture. It involves tons of angles. It does have vertical angles, but the angles that really stand out to me are the co-interior angles. Each individual t-shirt square has 90 degree co-interior angles. These angles in this example really make the squares and make the quilt fit together.

      Delete